Tuesday, August 23, 2011

This Made Me Laugh

I realize not everyone will think this is funny, because it makes light of a very serious problem.  A very painful and significant problem that men sometimes have to deal with in their lives.

On the other hand, I have just one criteria for judging humor: it's funny if I laugh.

And this made me laugh:



Bruce and his two friends are talking at a bar.


His first friend says: "I think my wife is having an affair with the electrician. The other day I came home and found wire cutters under our bed and they weren't mine."


His second friend says: "I think my wife is having an affair with the plumber.  The other day I found a wrench under the bed and it wasn't mine."


Bruce says: "I think my wife is having an affair with a horse." Both his friends look at him with utter disbelief.


"No, I'm serious. The other day I came home and found a jockey under our bed."



If you write to complain that this is actually no laughing matter at all, I will understand.  Completely!  Seriously, I am with you 100%.  I certainly know how incredibly aggravating and frustrating it is to misplace a tool.  You KNOW you had it just a minute ago, where could it have got to?  That poor plumber is probably looking EVERYWHERE for his missing wrench.  I can only imagine how annoyed, thoroughly put-out and vexed a horse would feel if it got back to the stable only to discover it was missing an entire jockey.


Jack Snell's actual, original and genuine Super Champ stripper/cutter/crimper.

Just the other day I was searching for this, a treasured memento of my grandfather, Jack Snell, and a damn useful tool.  This was his actual pair of pliers/strippers/crimpers that he used on the job at the Bingham Canyon Mine.  It even has his payroll number engraved on the handle.

Now, of course, it is in a special place, well protected, so that I know EXACTLY where it is when I need it next.  For crimping connectors and stripping wire, of course.  That's why he gave it to me.  He knew I'd actually use it.

I would be extremely annoyed if I ever lost this valuable item.

2 comments:

  1. I sure could use a set of wire crimpers like those they look like good quality.
    Its a neat little web site you have John, one day I will get one of these though mine will probably be one dimensional on colonial furniture with a few convict biographies thrown in. I difinately hate spiders and I think the feeling is mutual.
    Regards Tim Harris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tim! With your permission I'll do a post on some of the work we did together at Bishop's Mansion.

    ReplyDelete